Life is a journey filled with unexpected twists and turns, like the excitement of welcoming a new addition, retiring and starting a new adventure, or the bittersweet feeling of an empty nest. If something like this is changing in your own life, you may be considering buying or selling a house. That’s because through all these life-altering events, there…
Off-Roading Adventures in the Carson Valley and Beyond
Reno Sparks Real Estate: A Comprehensive Look at Local and National Trends
The Comstock Lode: How Nevada Built the Bay Area with Gold and Silver
Musicals, Magic, and More this November in Reno-Sparks
Bit of a long story, but I’ll try to keep it short. My partner and I entered a contract on a house that we absolutely loved. After we did our inspection, a couple of minor repairs were needed, but nothing too crazy. We decided to move forward with the purchase. Issue came when we tried…
During the fourth quarter of last year, some housing experts projected home prices were going to crash in 2023. The media ran with those forecasts and put out headlines calling for doom and gloom in the housing market. All of this negative news coverage made a lot of people have doubts about the strength of the residential real…
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) is set to release its most recent Existing Home Sales (EHS) report tomorrow. This monthly release provides information on the volume of sales and price trends for homes that have previously been owned. In the upcoming release, it’ll likely say home prices are down. This may seem a bit confusing, especially if you’ve been following…
Before you decide to sell your house, it’s important to know what you can expect in the current housing market. One positive trend right now is homebuyers are adapting to today’s mortgage rates and getting used to them as the new normal. To better understand what’s been happening with mortgage rates lately, the graph below shows the…
If you’re following the news today, you may feel a bit unsure about what’s happening with home prices and fear whether or not the worst is yet to come. That’s because today’s headlines are painting an unnecessarily negative picture. If we take a year-over-year view, home prices did drop some, but that’s because we’re comparing to a ‘unicorn’ year when prices peaked well…
Today’s mortgage rates are top-of-mind for many homebuyers right now. As a result, if you’re thinking about buying for the first time or selling your current house to move into a home that better fits your needs, you may be asking yourself these two questions: Why Are Mortgage Rates So High? When Will Rates Go Back Down?…
If you’re a homeowner thinking about making a move, you may wonder if it’s still a good time to sell your house. Here’s the good news. Even with higher mortgage rates, buyer traffic is actually picking up speed. Data from the latest ShowingTime Showing Index, which is a measure of buyers actively touring homes, helps paint the picture of how much…
This report will help you stay informed for your buying and selling decisions by breaking down the numbers and finding the trends. Click here for a printable version of these charts We are seeing the last of the dramatic year-over-year changes, as the effects of the extremely low interest rates, low inventory, and high buyer…
Thinking about selling your house? If you’ve been waiting for the right time, it could be now while the supply of homes for sale is so low. HousingWire shares: “. . . the big question is whether we are finally starting to see the seasonal spring increase in inventory. The answer is no, because active listings fell to…
Right now is an excellent time to buy, so if you are in the buying market, be sure to have your loan pre-approval completed before starting your search. When changes occur in your life, we’re here to help you find the space and the home that is right for your next chapter or adventure. Please…
Days on Market (DOM) is the time from original listing until closed sale, including the time in escrow. Through the end of February, the Average DOM increased by 0.9% to 107 days. By comparison, the Average DOM per month for 2018-2019 was 86 days. Last year at this time, Days on Market was 62.1% lower…
You may have seen reports in the news recently saying it’s better to rent right now than it is to own your home. But before you let that impact your decisions, you should understand what these claims are based on. A lot of the time, these reports are assuming things that aren’t realistic for the average…
There were 692 homes active on the market and available for purchase (not in contract or escrow) at the end of January, which is an 18.7% decrease from the end of December. Despite the month-over-month decrease, active/standing inventory has increased by about 200% year-over-year. This yearly increase sounds dramatic, but we were in a severe…
The housing market has gone through a lot of change recently, and much of that was a result of how quickly mortgage rates rose last year. Now, as we move through 2023, there are signs things are finally going to turn around. Home price appreciation is slowing from the recent frenzy, mortgage rates are coming down, inflation is easing, and…
As mortgage rates rose last year, activity in the housing market slowed down. And as a result, homes started seeing fewer offers and stayed on the market longer. That meant some homeowners decided to press pause on selling. Now, however, rates are beginning to come down—and buyers are starting to reenter the market. In fact,…
If you’ve been following the housing market over the last couple of years, you’ve likely heard about growing affordability challenges. But according to experts, the key factors that determine housing affordability are projected to improve this year. Selma Hepp, Executive, Deputy Chief Economist at CoreLogic, shares: “. . . with slowly improving affordability and a more optimistic economic…
Whether you’re already a homeowner or you’re looking to become one, the recent headlines about home prices may leave you with more questions than answers. News stories are talking about home prices falling, and that’s raising concerns about a repeat of what happened to prices in the crash in 2008. One of the questions that’s on many minds, based on…
It doesn’t matter if you’re someone who closely follows the economy or not, chances are you’ve heard whispers of an upcoming recession. Economic conditions are determined by a broad range of factors, so rather than explaining them each in depth, let’s lean on the experts and what history tells us to see what could lie…
If you’re getting ready to buy your first home, you’re likely focused on saving up for everything that purchase involves. One cost that’s likely top of mind is your down payment. But don’t let a common misconception about how much you need to save make the process harder than it could be. Understand 20% Isn’t…
With higher mortgage rates and moderating buyer demand, conditions in the housing market are different today. And if you’re thinking of selling your house, it’s important to understand how the market has changed and what that means for you. The best way to make sure you’re in the know is to work with a trusted housing market…
If you’re a homeowner, your net worth got a big boost over the past few years thanks to rapidly rising home prices. Here’s how it happened and what it means for you, even as the market moderates. Equity is the current value of your home minus what you owe on the loan. Because there was…
If you’re trying to decide whether or not to sell your house, recent headlines about home prices may be top of mind. And if those stories have you wondering what that means for your home’s value, here’s what you really need to know. What’s Really Happening with Home Prices? It’s possible you’ve seen news stories mentioning…
There’s no doubt buying a home today is different than it was over the past couple of years, and the shift in the market has led to advantages for buyers today. Right now, there are specific reasons that make this housing market attractive for those who’ve thought about buying but have sidelined their search due to rising…
This past year, rising mortgage rates have slowed the red-hot housing market. Over the past nine months, we’ve seen fewer homes sold than the previous month as home price growth has slowed. All of this is due to the fact that the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate has doubled this year, severely limiting homebuying power for…
Some Highlights You may be wondering what needs to be renovated before you sell your house. In today’s shifting market, making your house appealing is more important than ever. That’s why it’s essential to lean on a real estate professional who has in-depth knowledge of today’s housing market. They know what buyers are looking for and how to highlight any…
There’s no denying the housing market is undergoing a shift this season, and that may leave you with some questions about whether it still makes sense to sell your house. Here are three of the top questions you may be asking – and the data that helps answer them – so you can make a confident…
As we find ourselves in the fall months of 2022, we are beginning to experience the effects of higher mortgage rates, global geo-political and financial market instability. Historically speaking though, demand is still strong in our region. Sellers should work closely with a professional REALTOR to establish a realistic pricing strategy when going to market…
It turns out, millennials aren’t the renter generation after all. The 2022 Consumer Insights Report from Mynd says there’s a portion of millennial and Gen Z buyers who are pursuing homeownership as a way to build their wealth, but it may not be exactly the way previous generations have done it. The study explains how they’re breaking into the market: “. . . younger generations…
As you look ahead to the winter season, you’re likely making plans and thinking about what you want to achieve before the year ends. One of those key decision points could be whether or not you want to move this year. If the location or size of your current home no longer meets your needs,…
While higher mortgage rates are creating affordability challenges for homebuyers this year, there is some good news for those people still looking to buy a home. As the market has cooled this year, some of the intensity buyers faced during the peak frenzy of the pandemic has cooled too. Here are just a few trends that may benefit you…
There’s a slight cooling in the national real estate market, but demand for housing in the Reno/Sparks region remains strong, and market times continue at a relatively fast pace. Although our market is beginning to experience an uptick in standing inventory, and we have more price reductions on listings, we believe getting back to normal…
If you’re thinking about selling your house but wondering if buyers are still out there, know that there are still people who are searching for a home to buy today. And your house may be exactly what they’re looking for. While the millennial generation has been dubbed the renter generation, that namesake may not be appropriate anymore. Millennials, the…
Saving for a Down Payment? Here’s What You Should Know. As you set out to buy a home, saving for a down payment is likely top of mind. But you may still have questions about the process, including how much to save and where to start. If that sounds like you, your down payment could be…
Hello! If you have a question, make a thread, and then get a bunch of responses, answers, discussions happen back and forth, information is shared, and so on, please do not delete that thread after you’ve found your answer. It’s rude! And here’s why: Doing that makes the discussion invisible, de-indexes it from various search…
Has anyone noticed that YouTube has become infested with “the market is going to crash” videos lately?
I can’t be the only one thats got sucked into this algorithm and I’m not really sure how it happened because real estate content is not something that I search for on YouTube. But there are now all these annoying ambulance chasers with really obnoxious looking thumbnails pushing “the market is going to crash!” “Get…
Just an anecdote, but we are looking to move early next year and started looking at houses in NH. There were quite a few listings a month ago, but many got snapped up. Then, we didn’t see much of anything new for a while. Now, in the past week, we are seeing a bunch of…
Commercial real estate isn’t the sexiest asset class out there. With industrial, office, and warehouse buildings, most investors are enticed by single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and other “traditional” types of […]
The 2022 housing market doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. At the start of the year, competition was fierce, with bidding wars on every home and lines out the […]
Rising interest rates are being met with some negativity from investors. Deals don’t make sense anymore, cash flow is becoming almost extinct, and those who could qualify just a year […]
As winter plods along, you may wish you could just hibernate until spring – and that may be more true than ever this year. But there is, indeed, joy to be found in the quieter months of the year. While the trend may have come and gone in the U.S., the art of hygge, that…
Moving into a new house is often bittersweet. You are excited for the change, but sad to leave a home so full of memories. Downsizing can be even harder – a smaller place means you don’t have room for all of your current possessions. But downsizing is also an opportunity to refresh and start anew.…
While Halloween may look a little different this year, there’s no reason you can’t still have an amazing outdoor display. If you’re not interested in shelling out big bucks for a 12 foot animatronic skeleton, or if your style is more autumn chic than gothic gore, you have plenty of options when it comes to…
Rising interest rates have begun to slow an overheated housing market as monthly mortgage payments have risen dramatically since the beginning of the year.
- When you head out to buy a home, there are a number of key milestones you’ll encounter along the way.
- The process includes everything from building your team and understanding your finances to going house hunting, making an offer, and more.
- Your journey starts here. Partner with a real estate professional so you have expert guidance each step of the way.
The historically low inventory over the past few years led to challenges for many buyers trying to find a home that met their needs and their budget.
Today’s market is at a turning point, making it more essential than ever to work with a real estate professional.
- If you’re trying to decide whether to rent or buy a home, consider the advantages homeownership offers.
- Buying a home can help you escape the cycle of rising rents, it’s a powerful wealth-building tool, and it’s typically considered a good hedge against inflation.
- If you’re ready to take advantage of the benefits of homeownership, let’s connect to explore your options.
While watching the stock market recently may have started to feel pretty challenging, checking the value of your home should come as welcome relief in this volatile time.
Some people believe there’s a group of homeowners who may be reluctant to sell their houses because they don’t want to lose the historically low mortgage rate they have on their current home.
Experts are starting to make their 2023 home price forecasts.
- When it comes to selling your house, you want it to look its best inside and out so it catches the attention of buyers. A real estate professional can help you decide what to do to make that happen.
- Focus on tasks that can make it inviting, show it’s cared for, and boost your curb appeal.
- Connect with a trusted real estate professional for advice on what you may want to do to get your house ready to sell this season.
It’s clear the 2022 housing market has been defined by rising mortgage rates.
The talk of a housing bubble in the coming year seems to be at a fever pitch as rising mortgage rates continue to slow down an overheated real estate market.
- If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, you’ll want a trusted real estate professional on your side for their industry experience and expert insights.
- The right advisor utilizes the latest technology and can help you navigate today’s home pricing and market values, the contracts and fine print, and the negotiations you’ll face.
- Partner with a trusted real estate professional so you have expert advice each step of the way.
In a market that’s shifting as fast as it is today, many homeowners wonder what, if anything, needs to be renovated before they sell their house.
Whether you’ve just retired or you’re thinking about retirement, you may be considering your options and trying to picture a whole new stage of your life.
- If you’re buying a home, here’s what you should know about your home inspection and why it’s so important.
- A home inspection is a crucial step in the homebuying process. It assesses the condition of the home you plan to purchase so you can avoid costly surprises down the road.
- Work with an agent so you have an expert on your side who can guide you through the process.
If you’re thinking about selling your house, you may have heard about the housing market slowing down in recent months.
Whether you’re a potential homebuyer, seller, or both, you probably want to know: will home prices fall this year?
- Many people remember the housing crash in 2008, but experts say today’s market is fundamentally different in many ways.
- First, there isn’t an oversupply of homes for sale today. Plus, lending standards are much tighter, and homeowners have record levels of equity. That means signs say there won’t be a wave of foreclosures like the last time.
- If you have questions about the housing market, reach out to a trusted real estate professional.
According to a recent survey from the Wall Street Journal, the percentage of economists who believe we’ll see a recession in the next 12 months is growing.
- Experts say the number of homes for sale is growing this year, and that can have a big impact on your move.
- If you’re planning to buy, additional options in today’s market may be just what you’ve been waiting for. More inventory means added opportunities to find the home of your dreams.
- Connect with a local real estate advisor so you have the latest information on available homes in your area.
If you put a pause on your home search because you weren’t sure where you’d go once you sold your house, it might be a good time to get back into the market.
The housing market is at a turning point, and if you’re thinking of buying or selling a home, that may leave you wondering: is it still a good time to buy a home?
- It’s worth considering the many benefits of homeownership before you make the decision to rent or buy a home.
- When you buy, you can stabilize your housing costs, own a tangible asset, and grow your net worth as you gain equity. When you rent, you face rising housing costs, won’t see a return on your investment, and limit your ability to save.
- If you want to learn more about the benefits of homeownership, reach out to a real estate professional today.
If you’re following along with the news today, you’ve heard about rising inflation.
- When it comes to pricing your house, there’s a lot to consider. The only way to ensure you price it right is by partnering with a local real estate professional.
- To find the best price, your agent balances current market demand, the values of homes in your neighborhood, where prices are headed, and your home’s condition.
- Don’t pick just any price for your house. If you’re ready to sell, reach out to a trusted real estate professional to find the perfect price for your house.
You may be reading headlines and hearing talk about a potential housing bubble or a crash, but it’s important to understand that the data and expert opinions tell a different story.
Americans’ opinion on the value of real estate as an investment is climbing.
If you’re a homeowner thinking about selling your house, you’re probably looking for the best time to make your move.
Experts in the real estate industry use a number of terms when they talk about what’s happening with home prices.
If you’re looking to buy your first home, you’re likely balancing several factors.
- It’s important to understand history proves an economic slowdown does not equal a housing crisis.
- In 4 of the last 6 recessions, home prices actually appreciated. Home prices only fell twice – minimally in the early 90s and then by nearly 20% during the housing crash in 2008.
- If you have questions, connect with a real estate professional to discuss why today’s housing market is nothing like 2008.
If your lifestyle has changed recently and you’re ready to make a move, taking advantage of today’s sellers’ market might be just the answer for your summer plans.
Are you thinking about selling your current home?
If you’re planning to buy a home this season, you’re probably thinking about what you’ll need to do to get your offer accepted.
If you’re following along with the news today, you’ve likely heard about rising inflation.
Even if you haven’t been following real estate news, you’ve likely heard about the current sellers’ market.
If you’re buying or selling a home this year, you’re likely saving up for a variety of expenses.
With today’s real estate market moving as fast as it is, working with a real estate professional is more essential than ever.
Today’s low inventory can be challenging for homebuyers, especially if you’re looking to purchase your first home.
Many consumers are wondering what will happen with home values over the next few years.
If you’re a first-time buyer looking to break into the housing market but struggling to find a home to buy, condominiums (or condos) could be a great alternative for you.
- Due to low supply and high demand, today is one of the strongest sellers’ markets we’ve seen.
- Sellers can benefit from more offers to pick from, higher home values, and a faster sales process. There’s a reason why 72% of people believe it’s a good time to sell.
- Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. Work with an agent to take advantage of this hot sellers’ market.
Since the number of homes for sale is low today, it can feel challenging to find one that checks all your boxes.
If you’re ready to move up, you may be trying to decide whether you want to buy a home that’s already on the market or build a new one.
As the spring housing market kicks off, you likely want to know what you can expect this season when it comes to buying or selling a house.
- With inflation driving up the cost of everyday items, seeking out an energy-efficient home can be a great way to decrease the expenses you can control.
- Energy efficiency can help lower your utility bills and possibly even save you money on your taxes. Options to look for include efficient appliances, windows, and solar panels.
- If it’s your goal to buy a home this year, consider energy efficiency. Work with a trusted real estate advisor to learn more about features that can save you money for years to come.
If you’re thinking of selling your house this year, timing is crucial.
Every year, many renters ask themselves the same question: Should I continue renting, or is it time to buy a home?
- If you’re deciding whether to rent or buy, consider the many financial benefits that come with owning a home.
- As a renter, you build your landlord’s wealth and face rising costs. As a homeowner, you build your own net worth and can lock in your monthly payments for the length of your loan.
- If you’re weighing your options, remember that owning a home is a decision that has considerable financial perks. Contact a local real estate professional to learn more.
Having an experienced guide coaching you through the process of buying or selling a home is important in a normal market – but today’s market is far from normal.
If you’re planning to sell this year, you’re probably thinking about what you’ll need to do to get your house ready to appeal to the most buyers.
If you’re looking to buy a home, you may be wondering how your student loan debt could impact those plans.
As we celebrate Black History Month, we honor and recognize the past and present experiences of Black Americans.
When you’re selling any item, you usually want to sell it for the greatest profit possible.
- Even in today’s sellers’ market, there are still ways for buyers to win big.
- Build a team of trusted professionals and make strategic plays as you budget and pick your desired neighborhoods. Then, be ready for the competition by getting a pre-approval letter and leaning on your expert advisors to draft a winning offer.
- In a sellers’ market, you can still be the champion if you have the right team and strategy. Work with a trusted real estate professional to make your game-winning play.
Mortgage rates have increased significantly since the beginning of the year.
If your needs are changing, you may be thinking about sharing a home with additional loved ones, such as grandparents, adult children, or other extended family members.
- If your workplace is delaying its return to office plans or is allowing permanent work from home options, that may open up new possibilities for your home search.
- Ongoing remote work could give you the chance for a change in scenery, a move to an area with a lower cost of living, or finding a home with more home office space.
- If you want to learn about how remote work can give you more options, partner with a local real estate professional to discuss your situation and priorities for your home search.
Over the past two years, we’ve lived through one of the most stressful periods in recent history.
Americans are more aware than ever of the effects climate change and natural disasters can have on their homes.
If you’re thinking about selling your house in 2022, you truly have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at your fingertips.
- Buying a home and wondering if your inspection is necessary? While some buyers may decide to waive their inspection, it’s risky decision.
- Your home inspection is a crucial step in the homebuying process. It assesses the condition of the home you plan to purchase, so you can avoid costly surprises down the road.
- Work with an agent so you have expert advice and a trusted professional who will keep your interests top of mind.
If you were thinking about buying a home this year, but already pressed pause on your plans due to rising home prices and increasing mortgage rates, there’s something you should consider.
Last week, the average 30-year fixed mortgage rate from Freddie Mac jumped from 3.22% to 3.45%.
One key question that’s top of mind for homebuyers this year is: why is it so hard to find a house to buy?
- According to a Gallup poll, real estate has been rated the best long-term investment for eight years in a row.
- Real estate tops the list because you’re not just buying a place to call home – you’re investing in your future. Real estate is typically considered a stable and secure asset that can grow in value over time.
- Reach out to a trusted advisor today if you’re ready to make real estate your best investment this year.
Many homeowners who plan to sell in 2022 may think the wise thing to do is to wait for the spring buying market since historically about 40 percent of home sales occur between April and July.
Selling your house is no simple task.
There’s no question that the financial benefits of selling a house are outstanding today.
The post Struggling To Find a Home To Buy? New Construction May Be an Option. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
If you’re a homeowner who’s decided your current house no longer fits your needs, or a renter with a strong desire to become a homeowner, you may be hoping that waiting until next year could mean better market conditions to purchase a home.
The post Two Reasons Why Waiting To Buy a Home Will Cost You appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- It’s no secret that we love our furry friends – about 70% of U.S. households have pets. What may come as a surprise is how large a role they play in the homebuying process.
- Americans spend $1,163 a year on their pets, and nearly half of pet owners say they would move for better accommodations and amenities for their pets.
- If you’re thinking of adding a furry friend, or if you already have, connect with your trusted real estate advisor to discuss how you can find a home that meets all your pet’s needs.
The post A Happy Tail: Pets and the Homebuying Process [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
From the opportunity to take advantage of today’s low mortgage rates to changing homeowner needs, Americans have more motivation than ever to buy a home.
The post If You Think the Housing Market Will Slow This Winter, Think Again. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Are you thinking about selling your house right now, but you’re not sure you’ll have the time to do so as the holidays draw near?
The post Sellers: You’ll Likely Get Multiple Strong Offers This Season appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
The past year and a half brought about significant life changes for many of us.
The post Retirement May Be Changing What You Need in a Home appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Like most industries, residential real estate has a seasonality to it.
The post Home Sales About To Surge? We May See a Winter Like Never Before. appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
With mortgage rates climbing above 3% for the first time in months, serious buyers are more motivated than ever to find a home before the end of the year.
The post Sellers Have Incredible Leverage in Today’s Market appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Mortgage rates are one of several factors that impact how much you can afford if you’re buying a home.
The post Experts Project Mortgage Rates Will Continue To Rise in 2022 appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- If you’re a homeowner, today’s rising equity is great news. On average, homeowners have gained $51,500 in equity since this time last year.
- Whether it’s funding an education, fueling your next move, or starting a business, your home equity is a great tool you can use to power your dreams.
- Ready to sell? Reach out to a local real estate professional to talk about how you can take advantage of your rising equity to reach your goals.
Buyers in today’s market often have questions about the importance of getting a home appraisal and an inspection.
The post Knowledge Is Power When It Comes to Appraisals and Inspections appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
There’s a lot of talk lately about how challenging it can be to find a home to buy.
The post There Are More Homes Available Now than There Were This Spring appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Our local housing market has good news for buyers with another monthly increase in inventory to help meet the sustained high demand. Here are the latest statistics for the single-family home market in the Reno/Sparks area. As of October 1st 2021, there were 541 homes available for purchase, which is an increase of 12% over…
- Whether you’re buying or selling – today’s housing market has plenty of good news to go around.
- Buyers can take advantage of today’s mortgage rates to escape rising rents and keep monthly payments affordable. Sellers can reap the benefits of multiple offers and a fast sale.
- If this sounds like good news to you, connect with a trusted real estate adviser so you can capitalize on the unique opportunity you have in today’s market.
The post Have You Ever Seen a Housing Market Like This? [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
A lot has changed over the past year.
The post Remote Work Is Here To Stay. Can Your Home Deliver the Space You Need? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
One of the major story lines over the last year is how well the residential real estate market performed.
The post Home Price Appreciation Is Skyrocketing in 2021. What About 2022? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Market Report – DOM and Median Price – Reno/Sparks Demand for housing in the Reno/Sparks region remains strong, which is keeping upward pressure on home prices, while market times remain fast. Here’s the latest info from the experts at Dickson Realty. When discussing median price, median means “in the middle”, so half of homes sold…
- With a housing market this competitive, sometimes you have to think outside the box.
- Work with your trusted real estate advisors to do things like assess your budget, expand your search radius, look into other options, and determine your true needs.
- If you’re having trouble finding your first home, explore your options. It’s out there!
When you hear the phrase home price appreciation, what does it mean to you?
The post A Look at Home Price Appreciation and What It Means for Sellers appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
One of the major questions real estate experts are asking today is whether prospective homebuyers still believe purchasing a home makes sense.
The post Real Estate: It’s Still a Lack of Supply, Not a Lack of Demand appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Market Report – Reno/Sparks Inventory Our local housing market has good news for buyers with another monthly increase in inventory to help meet the sustained high demand. Here are the latest statistics for the single-family home market in the Reno/Sparks area. As of August 2nd, 2021, there were 415 homes available for purchase which is…
Home prices continue to rise as we move through the summer, and that’s good news for sellers who are looking to maximize their home’s potential.
The post Sellers: Make Today’s Home Price Appreciation Work for You appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
As we move into the latter half of the year, questions about what’s to come are top of mind for buyers and sellers.
The post What Do Experts See on the Horizon for the Second Half of the Year? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Demand for housing in the Reno/Sparks region is strong, which is keeping upward pressure on home prices, while market times remain fast. Here’s the latest info from the experts at Dickson Realty. When discussing median price, median means “in the middle”, so half of homes sold for more and half sold for less. According to…
For generations, the process of buying and selling a home never really changed.
The post In Today’s Market, Listing Prices Are Like an Auction’s Reserve Price appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Home price appreciation continues to accelerate.
The post Home Price Appreciation Is as Simple as Supply and Demand appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
There’s a lot of discussion about affordability as home prices continue to appreciate rapidly.
The post How Misunderstandings About Affordability Could Cost You appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- In today’s whirlwind real estate market, houses are selling at astonishing speed – from sea to shining sea.
- Four years ago, the average house spent 39 days on the market. Two years ago, homes were on the market for about 24 days. Today, that number has dropped to just 17 short days.
- If you’re looking to sell your house quickly and on the best possible terms, today’s market can’t be beat. Reach out to a local real estate professional to discuss how to secure a speedy, top-dollar sale for your house.
The post Homes Across the Country Are Selling Fast [INFOGRAPHIC] appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
There’s no doubt that 2021 is the year of the seller when it comes to the housing market.
The post 3 Graphs Showing Why You Should Sell Your House Now appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Many people are sitting on the fence trying to decide if now’s the time to buy a home.
The post Why Waiting to Buy a Home Could Cost You a Small Fortune appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
- Mortgage pre-approval means a lender has reviewed your finances and, based on factors like your income, debt, and credit history, determined how much you’re qualified to borrow.
- Being pre-approved for a loan can give you clarity while planning your homebuying budget, confidence in your ability to secure a loan, and a competitive edge in a bidding war.
- In today’s market, connecting with a lender to get pre-approved may be the game-changer that helps you secure your dream home.
This year, mortgage rates have started to slowly climb above recent record-breaking lows. Many homeowners planning to move may feel like they’ve missed the chance to score a great rate on their next mortgage. In reality, there’s still time to secure a rate far below the historic norm. Here’s why. After creeping up for seven consecutive weeks,…
In a sellers’ market, some homeowners might be tempted to try to sell their house on their own (known as For Sale By Owner, or FSBO) instead of working with a trusted real estate professional.
The post Don’t Sell on Your Own Just Because It’s a Sellers’ Market appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
Last Friday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a very encouraging jobs report.
The post Latest Jobs Report: What Does It Mean for You & the Housing Market? appeared first on Keeping Current Matters.
There are many financial and non-financial benefits of homeownership, and the greatest financial one is wealth creation. Homeownership has always been the first rung on the ladder that leads to forming household wealth. As Freddie Mac explains: “Homeownership has cemented its role as part of the American Dream, providing families with a place that is their own and…
Last Thursday, Freddie Mac announced that their 30-year fixed mortgage rate was over 3% (3.02%) for the first time since last July. That news dominated real estate headlines that day and the next. Articles talked about the negative impact it may have on the housing market. However, we should realize two things: The bump-up in…
The real estate market was on fire during the second half of 2020. Buyer demand was way up, and the supply of homes available for sale hit record lows. The price of anything is determined by the supply and demand ratio, so home prices skyrocketed last year. Dr. Lynn Fisher, Deputy Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Division…
Some Highlights Mortgage interest rates have dropped considerably over the past year, and compared to what we’ve seen in recent decades, it’s a great time to buy a home. Locking in a low rate today could save you thousands of dollars over the lifetime of your home loan, but these low rates may not last forever.…
As more people continue to identify their changing needs this year, some are turning to the upscale housing sector for more space or finer features. In their most recent Luxury Market Report, the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing (ILHM) shares: “In a snapshot of 2020, despite the devasting effects of the coronavirus pandemic, the luxury real estate market has…
Home values appreciated by about ten percent in 2020, and they’re forecast to appreciate by about five percent this year. This has some voicing concern that we may be in another housing bubble like the one we experienced a little over a decade ago. Here are three reasons why this market is totally different. 1.…
Some Highlights If you’re on the fence about selling your house, now is a great time to take advantage of sky-high demand, low supply, and fierce buyer competition. With buyer demand rising and historically low inventory for sale, if you’re in a position to move, your house may really stand out from the crowd. Let’s connect today to get…
Experts project an optimistic year for the 2021 housing market. With mortgage rates forecasted to remain low, high buyer demand is expected to fuel more home sales and continue to increase home prices. Let’s connect today to determine how to make your best move in the new year.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are behind us, yet finding the perfect holiday gifts for friends and family is certainly still top of mind for many right now. This year, there’s another type of buyer that’s very active this holiday season – the homebuyer. Each month, ShowingTime releases their Showing Index which tracks the average number of appointments received on…
Actives vs Solds – Reno/Sparks, NV The Reno/Sparks real estate market continues to be at the forefront of many conversations, with low inventory, record median prices and fast market times. Here’s the latest information from the experts at Dickson Realty. Click to enlarge the graph There were 277 homes active on the market and available…
In a year when we’re learning to do so much remotely, homebuying is no exception. From going to work to attending school, grocery shopping, and even seeing our doctors online, digital practices have changed the way we live. This year, rather than delaying their home purchases, buyers – alongside their trusted real estate professionals –…
Homeownership is on the goal list for many young adults, but sometimes it’s hard to know exactly how to get there. From understanding the homebuying process to pre-approval and down payment assistance options, uncertainty along the way can ultimately hold some buyers back. Today, there are over 75 million Millennials and 67 million Gen Z’ers in the…
Why Working from Home May Spark Your Next Move If you’ve been working from home this year, chances are you’ve been at it a little longer than you initially expected. Businesses all over the country have figured out how to operate remotely to keep their employees healthy, safe, and productive. For many, it may be carrying into…
Your agent now has over 6 months of experience selling houses during the pandemic and can make the process easier and safer for you today. COVID-19 protocols and technology usage recommendations from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) are making it possible to sell houses right now, while agents continue to abide first and foremost by…
Actives vs Solds – Reno/Sparks, NV The Reno/Sparks real estate market continues to be at the forefront of many conversations, with low inventory, record median prices and fast market times. Here’s the latest information from the experts at Dickson Realty. Click to enlarge the graph There were 347 homes active on the market and available…
In the second half of this year, the housing market surged with activity. Today, real estate experts are looking ahead to the winter season and the forecast is anything but chilly. As Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist for the National Association of Realtors (NAR), notes: “It will be one of the best winter sales years ever.” The typical winter slowdown in the housing…
As we enter the final months of 2020 and continue to work through the challenges this year has brought, some of us wonder what impact continued economic uncertainty could have on home prices. Looking at the big picture, the rules of supply and demand will give us the clearest idea of what is to come.…
The 2020 housing market has surpassed all expectations and continues to drive the nation’s economic recovery. The question is, will this positive trend continue throughout the rest of the year, especially given the uncertainty around the current health crisis, the upcoming election, and more? Here’s a look at what several industry-leading experts have to say.…
Earlier this year when the nation pressed pause on the economy and unemployment rates jumped up significantly, many homeowners were immediately concerned about being able to pay their mortgages, and understandably so. To assist in this challenging time, two protection plans were put into place to help support those in need. First, there was a pause placed…
Many industries have been devastated by the economic shutdown caused by the COVID-19 virus. Real estate is not one of them. Mark Fleming, Chief Economist for First American, just reported: “Since hitting a low point during the initial stages of the pandemic, the only major industry to display immunity to the economic impacts of the coronavirus is the housing market. Housing…
Market Report – DOM and Median Price – Reno/Sparks Home. It has never been so important. And, the strong demand for housing in the Reno/Sparks region is proving this statement true. “Median” means “in the middle”, so half of homes sold for more and half sold for less. According to the Reno-Sparks Association of REALTORS,…
Is the Economic Recovery Beating All Projections? Earlier this year, many economists and market analysts were predicting an apocalyptic financial downturn that would potentially rattle the U.S. economy for years to come. They immediately started to compare it to the Great Depression of a century ago. Six months later, the economy is still trying to…
The report below will be sent automatically on Friday at 4:00pm, from you, to any of your Leads and Contacts that have been added to the “Market Report – Active Vs. Sold – Reno/Sparks” list in Boston Logic. You only have to add your people to this list once, and future Active Vs. Sold report emails will be sent to…
One of the biggest surprises of 2020 is the resilience of the residential real estate market. Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), is now forecasting that more homes will sell this year than last year. He’s also predicting home sales to increase by 8-12% next year. There’s strong evidence that he will be right. ShowingTime, a leading…
Our local housing market is hot, right along with the end of the summer weather. Here are the latest statistics for the single-family home market in the Reno/Sparks area: Days or Months of Inventory is the amount of time it would take to exhaust all available homes for sale if no additional homes came…
Today, Americans are moving for a variety of different reasons. The current health crisis has truly re-shaped our lifestyles and our needs. Spending extra time where we currently live is enabling many families to re-evaluate what homeownership means and what they find most important in a home. According to Zillow: “In 2020, homes went from the…
Although we are in unprecedented times, we have been surprised by the number of people who still want or need to buy and sell real estate. The buyer demand is remarkable in nearly every price range. We continue to take steps to ensure that we are as safe as possible while bringing new homes to…
There were 556 homes active on the market and available for purchase at the end of July, which was an 15% decrease from June and a 58% decrease from July 2019. Typically, we should have an increase in inventory this time of year as people move over the summer months. However, some sellers are still…
With the strength of the current housing market growing every day and more Americans returning to work, a faster-than-expected recovery in the housing sector is already well underway. Regardless, many are still asking the question: will we see a wave of foreclosures as a result of the current crisis? Thankfully, research shows the number of foreclosures is expected to be much…
Market Report – Inventory and Percent of Sales – Reno/Sparks Our local housing market is hot, right along with the summer weather. What we are hearing from our clients is that people still need and want to buy and sell homes. Of course, each buyer or seller must evaluate what is best for them. As…
Today’s homebuyers are not just talking about their plans, they’re actively engaged in the buying process – and they’re serious about it. A recent report by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) indicates: …. Of American adults considering a future home purchase in the second quarter of 2020, about half (49%) are not simply planning it, they are actively engaged…
It’s no secret that the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a significant toll on local Sparks and Reno business owners, especially restaurants and bars. Even as some new eateries open, many other long-time favorites have closed their doors. In this environment, we believe it’s important to support local businesses and organizations to help keep them alive. After…
Just in time for summer, the Club at ArrowCreek opened Phase 1 of its amazing $40 million renovation. The new amenities are world-class, offering the level of upscale service and ambiance you would expect at a luxurious hotel or resort. The best part? It’s right in your backyard. Under new oversight by leading golf management company Troon, the contemporary…
As remote work continues on for many businesses and Americans weigh the risks of being in densely populated areas, will more people start to move out of bigger cities? Spending extra time at home and dreaming of more indoor and outdoor space is certainly sparking some interest among homebuyers. Early data shows an initial trend…
At Dickson Realty, we’ve received many questions from our clients and friends about the status and health of the Reno-Sparks real estate market as a result of COVID-19. People want to know about prices, how unemployment is affecting demand, and if we are headed for another real estate bubble. As trusted advisors and experts in…
While Wingfield Park and Hawkins Amphitheater won’t host large performances for this year’s Artown, the event plans to bring art to the Biggest Little City through virtual shows, small events, and a city-wide invitation to make art through “Heartown.” The Artown 2020 poster was created by artist Ivette Valenzuela. “The vitality of live art will not…
As patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals continue to fight the good fight at Renown Regional Medical Center, they will also have a beautiful space for respite and recovery in the newly renovated Fianna’s Healing Garden. “For more than a decade, our staff, patients, and their loved ones have found peace and solace in spending time…